This trunk was found in a Wecoma, Oregon home formerly owned by the Cutler family. The Cutler’s are well known for forming the town of Cutler City in 1913, on the south end of today’s Lincoln City. This 1920s “Indestructo” trunk has many scratches and dings, but has lived up to its name. It has traveled around the world (many international stickers) and is still as sturdy as ever. It has several Cutler name tags and “Cutler” painted in red writing on the side. This amazing piece of history was generously donated to the museum and is now on display in our camping exhibit.
The North Lincoln County Historical Museum’s Hendrickson-Link Research Library has recently undergone a revamp. This revamp has been made possible by grand funds awarded by the Oregon Heritage Commission and the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, along with much volunteer power. The new equipment includes a vertical file for our newspaper clippings, a shelving unit for archive supplies, a scanner for digitizing archives, a printer, and much more. We are now, thanks to this grant, able to better assist researchers. We have many photographs, maps, obituaries, newspaper clippings, microfilm, books, and more in our vast collection of North Lincoln County archives (from Depoe Bay to Cascade Head). Appointments for free research can be made by calling the museum at 541-996-6614.
notice some commotion around the North Lincoln County Historical Museum. Our
building is currently being pressure washed, having signage restored, and
painted by local painting company, Quality Painting Service. In the winter we
started our Paint-Protect-Preserve fundraiser to obtain the funds to paint the
building. The community responded and here we are today! This building was constructed
as Taft’s Fire Station in 1941. Later it became Lincoln City’s first City Hall
when the town incorporated in 1965. The museum acquired the building from the
city in 1994 and made major renovations in 2004. Thanks to the community, this
building will continue to preserve and protect North Lincoln County history! We
will be open during painting, so come give us a visit! 4907 SW HWY 101, Lincoln